If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Used To...

I used to tell stories.

Sleepy little boy bedtime stories.
Silly passing time on boring train ride stories.
Scary vampire monster bat stories.
Sexy pillow talk lover stories.

I used to tell stories.
I used to write poems.

Now,
every so often,
I capture a story
by clicking a button.

But mostly
I fumble
silently
in the dark.

4 comments:

missing moments said...

Love those words ...

Annie said...

I feel sad reading this, because I feel the same way. I just posted I'm looking for readers, hoping to jump start new writing, is the reason, because. It's there, somewhere, I know it.

Your poem is a story. I love it. And it reminds me of telling stories to my little boy, who is not little, any more.

Joan Kane Nichols said...

Lovely, lovely poem, especially the last stanza, but so sad.

BrightenedBoy said...

There's a lot of poignancy and yearning in this.

Well done, and something almost any writer would be able to identify with.