If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Sunday, November 13, 2011

RBOC: Wild and Wooly Weekend Edition


  • Zippy lives!  b came home and said she just needed some fluid.  There's an ongoing condition that requires we keep her well hydrated.  I have not been doing this.
  • Cars are still a foreign land to me.
  • Pupzilla continues to do well on her arthritis medication.  We went on a walk and she refused to turn back.  I eventually had to trick her back home by making a big circle.
  • In the past two weeks I've thought both my dog and my car were goners and now they both have a new lease on life.
  • This morning I mapped out a bike route to get to my yoga class.  The bad news is I took a few wrong turns and ended up missing the class.  The good news is that I had a great bike ride and now feel more confident that I can bike in this neighborhood.
  • I only have one paper left that needs feedback!
  • b came home and made ribs.  We have a double stove and recently found out the bottom one works better than the top.  The ribs came out better than ever.
  • For the first time ever we have decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving.  We still don't have a tree but b hung lights outside today.
  • I purged my closet of clothes this afternoon.  I found clothes in there that are three sizes too small.  Yes I've been holding onto a lot of clothes with the idea that one day I'll fit them again.  It was sad to part with some of them but it was also very freeing.  I no longer have to sort through reminders of my former self just to find something to wear.
  • I celebrated my new self by ordering some clothes online.  
  • Have made serious progress with my blog revamping project.  It is still too soon to unveil but I'm feeling very positive about it. 

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

So glad to hear all is going well in your world! :)